Events Intern | August – November 2022
This is a full-time Internship position for a college student or recent graduate who will contribute to a variety of Indiaspora’s ongoing projects, develop marketing materials, and assist with the planning and execution of Indiaspora’s San Jose Forum in October 2022. This candidate will be required to be present at the San Jose Forum for the duration of the event.
- Conduct outreach to partner organizations and potential partner organizations regarding vendor contracting, and invitation management.
- Assist with event planning on an ongoing basis
- Engage on projects to build the Indiaspora network and membership
- Design material to be used for our WordPress website, social media and other marketing materials for our initiatives
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-starter attitude
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office and GSuite, including Gmail, Google Drive, Documents, Sheets, and Slides
- Familiarity with social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Familiarity with WordPress and/or basic HTML design preferred
- Graphic design skills and familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite
- Video editing skills or familiarity with Adobe Premiere a plus
- Experience planning and executing events strongly preferred
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to Amita Siddiqui at email@example.com.
Indiaspora is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other legally protected characteristic.