Indiaspora, a nonprofit organization, is a network of global Indian origin leaders from diverse backgrounds and professions who are committed to inspiring the diaspora to be a force for good by providing a platform to collaborate, build community engagement, and catalyze social change.
We are currently seeking a Development Coordinator to support and coordinate projects as part of our Development and Outreach team. The candidate should have solid project management, organizational, and communication skills. It would be very useful to have strong interpersonal and customer service skills, and experience maintaining positive relationships with internal and external partners.
This is a full-time position, reporting to Indiaspora’s Senior Manager, Development and Civic Engagement. Candidates for this position can be based anywhere in the US, and this position will be based from your own home office. Indiaspora is headquartered in Washington, D.C., however, all staff work remotely. Future travel (car and air) may be required for this role, for team events. This position will play a critical role in assisting with Indiaspora’s member relations. Detail-oriented candidates, with the ability to multi-task and take ownership of projects, will find this a stimulating opportunity. Indiaspora’s start-up culture and collaborative work environment will provide learning and growth opportunities.
- Serve as a liaison with Indiaspora’s community – members, supporters, and friends – spread across multiple locations within and outside the US
- Manage CRM database for member information and community outreach
- Help with planning and executing events that Indiaspora hosts, co-hosts, or sponsors
- Facilitate profiling of members in multiple platforms including website and social media sites
- Assist with dues-tracking and receipt process
- Direct member requests to appropriate staff members
- Support research efforts as needed and ensure timely responses
- A commitment to the mission and vision of Indiaspora and a desire to broaden and deepen the organization’s impact
- Excellent conceptualization, problem-solving & project leadership and management skills
- Strong commitment to high quality customer service and support of our members, with great attention to detail
- High level of digital/technological competencies, inclusive of proficiency in Google suite of program, and other web-based applications and databases
- Experience collecting, organizing, managing, and analyzing operational data
- Exceptional communication skills – writing, speaking, and listening
- A proactive, highly self-directed working style, with ability to collaborate with colleagues
- Commitment to confidentiality and professionalism
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience
This position is for immediate hire and applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to Rucha Gopal, Indiaspora’s Community Relations and Programs Coordinator, at email@example.com.
Indiaspora is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other legally protected criteria.