This is a full-time position for an experienced professional who will play a critical role in shaping the marketing and communications strategy of this prestigious and rapidly growing nonprofit. While the core function of this role is to drive marketing and communications, this position also presents an opportunity to contribute across the organization’s programs and functions. This position entails managing a dynamic marketing and communications team, and will report to the Vice President of Operations.
Indiaspora’s start-up culture and collaborative work environment will provide for significant growth opportunities.
- Craft and execute a strategic marketing and communications plan to position Indiaspora in relation to the media, the global Indian diaspora community, partner organizations and the nonprofit’s members
- Analyze digital analytics to make informed recommendations and decisions to grow the brand name of the organization using SEO and digital marketing
- Develop and oversee internal and external marketing materials for the nonprofit, including but not limited to email communications and presentation slide deck
- Serve as the main point of contact for proactive and reactive media, including directing media inquiries, coordinating interviews, drafting and distributing press releases, growing the media contact list and identifying opportunities for media placement
- Oversee Indiaspora’s social media channels and work with the marketing and communications team to grow content and reach
- Oversee Indiaspora’s newsletter and strategize to scale to reach wider audiences
- Create Indiaspora’s member newsletter so that it adds value to membership
- Oversee the planning and execution of ongoing programs, events, and initiatives, including our Indiaspora Lists project (lists.indiaspora.org)
- Oversee updates for Indiaspora’s websites (indiaspora.org and lists.indiaspora.org) and online calendar of events
- Oversee internal lists and CRM databases as required and serve as a project manager for high-profile events and programs
- Become familiar with the marketing and communications functions and step in when needed for newsletter, social media, and other needs as they arise
- Occasionally required to be available for immediate needs, for social media or events, including on some evenings and weekends
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant field ie. social sciences, marketing, communications, information systems or a field such as South Asian studies or International Relations, with a graduate degree in a similar field preferred
- Deep understanding of digital and marketing analytics, including SEO, Google Ads and other Google products
- Ability to identify opportunities and execute as a self-starter
- Ability to build and cultivate relationships with the press and identify strategic opportunities to commission original content
- Knowledge of social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize projects and events while working on a deadline and often in a fast-paced environment
- Strong writing and copy editing skills
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office and GSuite, including Gmail and Google Drive (Documents, Sheets, and Slides)
- Interest in tracking and following news regarding the Indian diaspora community
- Graphic design skills and familiarity with Canva or Adobe Creative Suite
- Video editing skills
- Experience planning and executing events strongly preferred
- Familiarity with SquareSpace and/or basic HTML design preferred
This position is for immediate hire and applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to Amita Siddiqui, Indiaspora’s Manager of Programs and Operations, at email@example.com. Currently, only U.S. citizens are being considered for this position as Indiaspora is not sponsoring work authorizations.
Indiaspora (indiaspora.org), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, is a network of global Indian origin leaders from diverse backgrounds and professions who are committed to inspiring the diaspora to be a force for good by providing a platform to collaborate, build community engagement, and catalyze social change.
Indiaspora is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other legally protected criteria.