Indiaspora, a nonprofit organization, is a network of global Indian origin leaders from diverse backgrounds and professions who are committed to inspiring the diaspora to be a force for good by providing a platform to collaborate, build community engagement, and catalyze social change.
We are conducting a search for an experienced Executive Assistant for our Executive Director (ED). The ideal Executive Assistant will have strong experience in facilitating meetings, and independently managing projects, and will directly support the organization’s Executive Director and executive team. This job is based in Washington, DC.
- Serve as liaison between ED and board of directors, staff, associates, and network members
- Manage ED’s schedule including appointments, complex travel arrangements, meetings, agendas and projects
- Attend Zoom meetings and in-person meetings with ED when required
- Be prepared for occasional travel as required including traveling abroad with ED and Global Team
- Manage ED Slack, WhatsApp messages, sorting and prioritizing emails for responses throughout the day
- Perform general administrative support to the ED, e.g., expense reports, preparing correspondence, dues, subscriptions renewals, and liaising with Accounting, Financial and HR team members
- Arrange board meetings and agendas, conduct research, transcribe notes to ensure goals and deadlines are communicated to organization staff and members
- Able to use discretion and judgment in terms of protecting confidential information while maintaining the open and transparent culture of organization
- Experience in collaborating with international stakeholders across various time zones
- Assist with ED social media engagement
- 3+ years of relevant experience in Executive or Administrative Assistant role; experience working with C-level associates preferred
- Proficient in technology tools including MS Office Suite
- Tact and good judgment in confidential situations, and proven experience interacting with senior management
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience working with CRM data-bases, specifically Hubspot
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Ability to confront complex issues with a solutions-oriented mentality
- Must be local to the Washington, DC area with ability to commute to Fairfax, VA
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, high-energy environment that may occasionally require extended hours and weekend work time
Compensation And Benefits
This exciting career opportunity allows you to work with a passionate and thriving team! The salary starts at $50K.
(DOE) and has a comprehensive package including unlimited PTO and a 403B savings account with annual employer contribution!
About Our Non-profit
Indiaspora was founded in 2012 by M.R. Rangaswami and led by our Executive Director Sanjeev Joshipura, an esteemed Board, and our Founders Circle, our members are committed to building stronger communities with a culture of giving and inspiring social change. By sharing insight, hosting events and connecting people, Indiaspora aims to bring together the professionally, geographically and religiously diverse Indian diaspora toward collective action worldwide. Stay up to date. Subscribe to our weekly newsletter to find out more about Indian diaspora leaders in the news and to participate in our events and community-wide activities.
How To Apply
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume and more information about your background to email@example.com. Apply today to be considered for this amazing career opportunity with an incredible organization!
Indiaspora is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other legally protected criteria.