FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Indiaspora announces 2021 Indiaspora Philanthropy Leaders List Launch
San Francisco, CA | Washington, DC — August 10, 2021 – Indiaspora, a nonprofit member organization of global Indian diaspora leaders, announced today that registration is now open for the launch of Indiaspora’s 2021 Philanthropy Leaders List. The launch event will consist of two virtual sessions: August 12th at 10:00 am PT (session 1) and August 13th at 10:00 am IST (session 2).
Indiaspora’s 2021 Philanthropy Leaders List recognizes one hundred Indian and diaspora leaders who have made a significant impact with their philanthropic contributions and engagement. Leaders in the philanthropy ecosystem and honorees from the List will join from different countries to discuss their philanthropy, philanthropy’s role in crisis, and their representation as part of the List, among other topics.
Session 1 Presenters (August 12th 10:00 am PT):
- Gururaj “Desh” Deshpande, President and Chairman of Sparta Group LLC and Founder and Trustee of the Deshpande Foundation
- Aditya Jha, Founder & Chairman of POA Educational Foundation
- Lata Krishnan, Founder & Co-Chair of the American India Foundation
- Ankur Vora, Chief Strategy Officer of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
- Romesh Wadhwani, Founder, Chairman & CEO of SymphonyAI and Founder of Wadhwani Foundation
- Sunil Wadhwani, Founder of SWAT Capital and Founder Donor of WISH Foundation
- Sarosh Zaiwalla, Senior Partner and Founder of Zaiwalla & Co
Session 2 Presenters (August 13th 10:00 am IST):
- Anu Aga, Former Chairperson of Thermax and Co-founder of Teach for India
- Anand Deshpande, Founder, Chairman and Managing Director of Persistent Systems
- Ashish Dhawan, Founder & Chairperson of Central Square Foundation
- Vikram Khanna, Associate Editor and economic affairs commentator at The Straits Times
- Naghma Mulla, CEO of EdelGive Foundation
- Atul Satija, Founder of The/Nudge Foundation and CEO of GiveIndia
- Abhishek Sharma, CEO of Foundation Holdings
- Ronnie Screwvala, Co-Founder of Swades Foundation
- Zarina Screwvala, Co-Founder of Swades Foundation
The Indiaspora Lists project highlights the accomplishments of leaders of the Indian diaspora from across industries and sectors. With each List, we pay tribute to leaders from a specific area, whether business, government, or philanthropy. Our aim is to bring greater awareness to the collective inspiration, influence, and impact of our global community.
WHAT: 2021 Indiaspora Philanthropy Leaders List Launch
WHEN: August 12, 2021 at 10:00 am PT (session 1); August 13, 2021 at 10:00 am IST (session 2)
There is no cost to attend. Open to the public.
“It is incredibly inspiring to see so many philanthropists from our community who have translated their success into social impact,” said Indiaspora Founder MR Rangaswami. “These leaders serve as an example of the importance of generosity and remind us of the many issues that need our attention.”
Indiaspora (www.indiaspora.org) is a nonprofit community of powerful global Indian leaders from diverse backgrounds and professions who are committed to inspiring the diaspora to be a force for positive impact by providing a platform to collaborate, engage, and catalyze social change.