Indiaspora is a dynamic nonprofit that thinks and moves like a startup. We have doubled in size in the past two years and are at an inflection point as an organization. Join us and help take us to the next level!
This is a full-time senior manager position for an individual with experience and expertise in finance and human resources. This position will be responsible for overseeing Indiaspora’s budgeting, cash flow management, accounting, and human resources programs, among other functions. The Senior Manager, Finance and Human Resources will report to Indiaspora’s Executive Director and VP of Operations. Indiaspora’s start-up culture and collaborative work environment will provide for significant growth opportunities.
- Assist the Executive Director and VP of Operations with annual budget development
- Manage all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems and ensure compliance with applicable regulatory requirements
- Perform monthly, quarterly, and annual account reconciliations, including bank accounts, donor receipts, and close of the books and records
- Develop and enforce internal controls for receipt of revenue, costs, program budgets, and expenditures
- Analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner
- Coordinate with external auditors to prepare annual financial statements, IRS Form 990, etc.
- Oversee and manage financial forecasting
- Manage annual insurance renewals
- Human Resources
- Administer and oversee human resources programs
- Monitor and ensure compliance with employment regulations and recommended best practices
- Manage the recruitment processes from job posting to hire
- Lead onboarding and orientation process for new staff
- Research, develop, and implement organizational policies and procedures
- Maintain employee files and records
- Oversee payroll, leave, benefits administration, employee reimbursement, and employee credit cards
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, or Finance required. CPA and/or MBA preferred
- Minimum seven years’ experience in related HR/Finance roles, preferably within a non-profit or similar setting
- Knowledge of payroll, accounts payable, and accounts receivable functions
- Understanding of HR best practices and current regulations
- Sound judgment and problem solving skills
- Ability to manage confidential and sensitive information
- Excellent communications skills
The role is available for immediate hire, subject to the interview and screening process. To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to Amita Siddiqui, Indiaspora’s Manager of Programs and Operations, at email@example.com.
Indiaspora is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other legally protected criteria.